Investigo are delighted to be partnering exclusively with a global, PE backed consumer retail company in their search for a Management Accountant. This is a brand you will instantly recognise and given their recent acquisition, they are now looking to bolster their finance team.
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will take ownership of monthly reporting cycles in addition to conducting analysis and providing insight to business functions at all levels. This position will involve working closely with the finance and wider team, to improve and add value in all areas of the business by managing costs and providing financial support.
- Responsible for the preparation, management, and completion of the month end accounting process including accruals and prepayments, general ledger coding reviews, maintenance of the fixed asset register and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Analyse and report on monthly performance against budget by cost centre.
- Full ownership of the annual budget setting and reforecasting by arranging discussions with the budget holders to drive a bottom-up approach and consolidating the P&L budgets.
- Reconcile the quarterly VAT statements and submit the VAT returns to HMRC.
- Assist in the annual statutory audit process, preparing the deliverables assigned to you within the given timeframe and liaising with the external audit team to resolve any queries.
- Provide financial and analytical support to the Head of Finance and CFO as needed and assist with ad hoc projects and tasks.
- Responsible for the completion and submission of the National Statistic Surveys.
Experience & Skills
- Newly qualified in CIMA or ACCA with at least 3 years' experience in management accounts preparation.
- Strong IFRS experience.
- Proficient user of financial systems (Microsoft Navision desirable).
- Advanced Excel skills including look-ups and pivot tables.
- Clear and concise communicator with the ability to present financial information.
- Analytical with excellent attention to detail.
- Pro-active approach and has the ability to work to strict deadlines whilst managing and prioritising own workload.