Network & Systems Manager
Initial 3 month contract - £500-£550 per day (inside IR35) - 2-3 days per week from London office
Our London based Not-for-profit client have an immediate requirement for a Network & Systems Manager to join on an initial 3 month basis.
Key responsibilities for the Network & Systems Manager
- To support, develop, and promote the implementation of the IT Operations Strategy.
- To lead and manage the infrastructure team
- Documentation, including policies and procedures, architecture and implementation documents in support of the IT Strategy.
- Help define Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery function in coordination with the Information Group, including redundancy and failover, data backups, contingency planning, operational readiness, business resumption and hardened facilities.
- Network and WAN operations carried out to prescribed SLAs and stated service schedules via proactive monitoring, bandwidth management and operational coordination.
- Management of 3rd Party services into IT Services e.g. Internet Service Providers, Telephony Vendors, Managed Service provider, ensuring SLAs are adhered to and service improvement plans are applied.
- Overall responsibility for security and access, including consistent network and user activity monitoring, penetration testing and audits, workstation policies, remote working and identity and access management.
- Re-orientate the Network & Systems function around ITIL principles where appropriate i.e. Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management.
Key experience required for the Network & Systems Manager
- Proven work experience in a network and systems engineer support role.
- Strong knowledge and hand on-experience of the following technologies: VPN (Cisco), TCP/IP, DNS, Active Directory, LAN, WAN, SMTP, DHCP, Wireless 802.11abgn, VOIP
- Ability to support and configure CISCO and HP switches / routers.
- Microsoft server stack: Server 2016, 2012 & 2008 , Exchange 2012
- Recognised certification e.g. CCNA, MCSA in relevant technologies.
- ITIL Foundation v2 or v3 certified.
- Producing systems documentation & training notes.
- Ability to define and interpret business requirements and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Keep up to date with technology advancements, with demonstrated appreciation and comprehension of the corresponding benefits, risks and implications.