Investigo are partnering a Global Technology and Outsourced provider to recruit a high profile UK & Ireland Accounting Director.
This role is reporting into UK CFO and EMEA Director of Accounting & Transformation. You will be responsible for managing a team of 4 in the UK, alongside others remote around the world.
This is a key senior role overseeing the General Accounting and Financial Reporting function for the UK & Ireland Business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, UK, Ireland and US GAAP.
You will also get exposure to major projects including systems, processes standardization and finance transformation.
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management and maintaining a strong SOX compliant control environment
- Lead for technical accounting under local and US GAAP, providing expertise and guidance to the UK business.
- To embed a culture of continuous improvement in order to achieve efficient and effective processes in order to establish best practice in both systems and processes throughout the UK & Ireland business. Also, working with the EMEA Director of Accounting & Transformation assist in establishing standardization across the Organisation
- Lead and develop the Financial Accounting team, managing directly and indirectly finance staff in multiple locations (4-5 associates in the UK, 1 in India ).
- Partner with the Head of FP&A and ensure a close working relationship is maintained with the FP&A team.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience in a similar role, preferably in a large US organisation.
- Proven experience of leading a technical team
- USGAAP and SOX exposure is essential
- Accuracy with excellent attention to detail.
- Proven ability to identify areas to improve and drive forward efficiencies.
- Proven technical expertise is essential
- Must be highly driven and ambitious