Operating Vice President
Our client is a growth private equity firm targeting lower middle market organizations (often family operated), with a focus on combining traditional private equity best practices with low-cost, high-impact strategies that benefit employees and their communities. This firm has deployed capital into six organizations to date, and already has a track record of delivering robust investor returns while implementing a range of inclusive economy initiatives, including workforce development, increased Board representation of BIPOC leaders, and educational benefits for employees. They are currently raising a committed fund of $100-$150 million, finalizing investors for its first close, with the intention to further build this platform.
VICE PRESIDENT ROLE
As an Operating Vice President, you will be involved in all elements of the business. Significant activities include evaluating investment opportunities, raising debt financing, managing outside diligence specialists, and working with portfolio companies on key initiatives to drive value creation. In the investment evaluation phase, you will work as part of a small team to diligence potentially attractive acquisition targets. This analysis includes but is not limited to assessing industry, competitive dynamics, customer trends, company strengths and weaknesses, and management capabilities. Additionally, you will spend at least 30% of your time working directly with portfolio companies to create and implement value-creation initiatives, including frequent collaboration with portfolio company management teams to identify growth and profit enhancement opportunities.
Qualified applicants must be able to execute fundamental strategic analysis, apply sound business judgement, interact as peers with senior executives, effectively oversee the workstreams of more junior team members, cultivate external sourcing opportunities, and manage complex, fast-moving processes. This is an entrepreneurial opportunity with a growing firm, and as such we are looking for self-starters who feel a strong sense of ownership over their work and have excellent team and interpersonal skills.
- Assist CEOs and management teams of existing portfolio companies as a Board member and with their various operational and growth initiatives
- Lead targeted industry research for platform acquisitions and bolt-ons
- Drive all aspects of the due diligence processes, including conducting detailed financial analysis and managing the Senior Associates with diligence tasks, including reviewing of financial models
- Managing third party due diligence partners (tax professionals, attorneys, technical consultants, insurance, environmental, etc.)
- Supporting and being proactive in all matters arising in the ordinary course of investment management, acting quickly to identify, address and correct issues
- Drafting and presenting investment memos and other analysis to firm's investment committee
- Exceptional business analytic and quantitative toolkit
- 4-8 years of post-MBA level experience working in investment banking, private equity or management consulting
- Excellent professional and academic track record
- Strong collaboration and communication skills; emergent team leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, an ability to operate autonomously and with a strong sense of ownership