Investigo are delighted to be exclusively supporting a Regional Division of a large Housebuilding organisation with their recruitment of a Payroll & Purchase Ledger Clerk, to be based at their office in Milton Keynes.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Payroll & Purchase Ledger Clerk will assist with the day to day running of the finance function, providing other departments and Head Office with timely and accurate information throughout the reporting cycle.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and process the weekly payroll
- Ensure site staff training is kept up to date
- Complete the weekly payroll reporting and obtain required approvals for any changes
- Maintain the payroll summary reports in time for the month end deadlines
- Process supplier invoices accurately and timely
- Proactively resolve any invoice discrepancies with the appropriate BU function or supplier
- Work with colleagues to ensure invoices can be paid within the supplier terms
- Reconcile supplier statements monthly and resolve queries promptly
- Prepare and issue weekly purchase ledger reports
- Assist with other areas of the purchase ledger where required
- Provide holiday cover within the department as required
- Assist with the completion of any other Finance requests as required by the Finance Manager
The successful Candidate is likely to be someone with previous transactional finance experience from a busy finance department, and they are likely to have had experience of working with multiple finance ledgers, including general ledger, purchase ledger, sales ledger and payroll. They will be an excellent communicator who can work to tight deadlines.
Our Client is offering a salary of £24,000 + Benefits for this position.