Investigo are delighted to be exclusively partnering with a Milton Keynes based organisation who are looking to recruit a Payroll Manager, on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will be responsible for overseeing the processing of monthly payroll, undertaking a variety of system management functions, such as configuration, change control, assisting with business process reviews and providing system-wide expertise and training on I Trent. The post holder will also be a key contact for producing management information, reports and statistics.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To work closely and collaboratively with Head of Finance in providing an efficient and progressive service and help facilitate on-going improvements.
- To manage the day to day maintenance of employee data, ensure that staff payroll information is processed correctly and within given timescales and that all statutory requirements are adhered to.
- To support the day to day work of the Staff Support Officers and Staff Support Assistants, ensure that cover is provided during staff absences.
- On-going communication with users of I= trent regarding software updates, modular developments, procedures and processes. Play key role in system improvements and developments.
- To be the main contact for more complex queries.
- To establish regular pattern of reconciliations, reporting and provide ad hoc and bespoke reports as required using appropriate reporting software e.g. I-Trent & Business objects.
- Processing and advising Managers/ Heads of Service of any concerns relating to the recruitment checks and payroll.
- To be responsible for processing and reporting on a number of pension schemes.
- Completion of statutory forms and returns.
- To develop and support regular audit of the payroll system and processes.
- To undertake tasks relating to security management - approving and establishing access for I=Trent Users and verifying appropriate security profiles as well as facilitating regular checks and maintenance.
- To make independent decisions, seeking solutions to problems that occur within the role, e.g. system configuration and administration, payroll errors.
- To monitor and report on performance against targets, and where appropriate, making recommendations for improvement and setting priorities.
- Any other duties as agreed with your line manager.
Our Client is offering a salary of £45,000 + Benefits.