Our client are currently undergoing a large finance transformation programme and are looking for either a qualified accountant with a strong background in payroll projects or a Payroll subject matter expert. The role will work closely with multiple stakeholders to successfully deliver and ensure: payroll costs are accurate and complete, financial controls are strengthened and standard controls introduced and clear accountabilities are established for the maintenance of an accurate payroll.
- Ensure clear understanding of the process mapping work and develop implementation plan
- Define clear accountabilities for the various teams involved in the process
- Define the channels through which the teams involved in the process interact with each other
- Define controls, within the controls framework, that ensure payroll costs charged to the general ledger are timely, accurate and complete.
- Ensure the interface between payroll systems and the general ledger is controlled and financial data held in both is aligned
- Ensure the Excel cost models supporting the allocation of payroll costs are consistent and robustly designed.
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations of payroll control accounts are regularly performed and balances are cleared off the accounts in a timely manner
- Deliver good management of the Payroll workstream, in conjunction with the PMO.
The successful candidate will be either an experienced senior accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) with strong payroll experience or a payroll subject matter expert with extensive experience within a large corporate. Experience of outsource projects would also be highly advantageous to the role.