Investigo have partnered with a large corporate organisation based in Northampton supporting their recruitment campaign for a Payroll Specialist.
In your new role you will be part of a team of payroll specialists who support in the timely delivery of critical monthly UK and Channel Islands payrolls. In addition, the provision of accurate support and guidance to colleagues, employees, stakeholders and third parties including system change, escalations and financial activity as requested by the UK Payroll Lead.
Support the Payroll Manager with the following:
- Supporting the delivery of the monthly UK Payroll, and associated financial controls.
- Compliance with Risk and Control Framework, Policies, Standards, regulatory requirements and all process relating to UK Payroll.
- Support on the implementation of projects and change affecting the UK Payroll team, ensuring UK Payroll teams readiness for the change
- Identify and drive improvement to ensure the delivery of an efficient and quality core service
- Support development and capability across the global Payroll Teams and the wider HR Operation
- Support Global Payroll strategy and transformation by working in partnership with HR Colleagues at all levels - engaging stakeholders and representing HR Operations Payroll in new initiatives.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Expert knowledge of UK Payroll Legislation, HR policy and intermediate use of Microsoft Excel with experience of HR/Payroll systems. Understand the end to end payroll delivery, including reconciliation of the general ledger and payments to third parties.
- Experience of handling complex and challenging situations in addition to being able to influence and negotiate at senior management level.
- Decision making that takes accountability of policy, legislation, operational performance and the wider team deliverables.
- Proven and demonstrable success at driving process and procedural change initiatives from conception to implementation.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience of supporting implementation of system changes.
- Working towards CIPP qualification.
- Experience of Ireland/Ex-pat payroll/Off-shore Islands (Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man) reporting.
- £27,570 - £35,000 Depending on experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Generous pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Hybrid working
- Free parking on site