The purpose of the Planning & Scheduling Manager role is to formulate, drive and provide solutions to manage the flow of the work, use of resources and test equipment so that utilisation rates are increased.
This responsibility starts from when a Contract is being offered to the client (contract planning), through to when the contract is secured and live on the system as WIP (Operations planning), and then extended into Certificate maintenance follow up activities (maintenance activities planning).
- Ensure on-time and in full delivery by o Co-ordinating all planning activities from project, to portfolio, to master planning level.
- Monitor progress periodically and compare to the baseline planning.
- Ensure the Planning & Scheduling service works effectively alongside Resource planning to maximise utilisation rates and efficiency.
- set up and agree project progress related KPIs, SLAs, targets and objectives.
- Engage with Operational Management Teams for risk and issue resolution.
- Develop the methodology required to gain visibility at Master schedule level down to each project and task specific - all the relationships between projects, people, resources.
- Act as a key liaison with clients and all internal stakeholders on the progress of project status and provision of effective and timely communication
- Supporting the Head of Client Engagement on Risk mitigation plans
- o Resource pipelines and forecasting
- Ensure on-time and in full delivery by o Expediting job scheduling
- o Monitor & reporting all important contractual and project milestone dates.
- o Supports the preparation of monthly progress reports and histograms.
- o Monitor targets weekly to ensure the maximum opportunity and making necessary adjustments to meet monthly and annual delivery targets.
- o Support and work with the Head of Client Engagement to review and balance workloads to minimise overloading and work shortages and looking for process improvements to maximise efficiency and minimise waste.
- Knowledge of implementing of client engagement planning & scheduling
- Knowledge of project management techniques and processes
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge in MS products, and Project Planning and scheduling tool
- Intermediate but not essential knowledge of SAP, Power BI reporting