PowerBI Developer - London / Remote
Investigo have been engaged by a growing client who are looking to add to their data function. This is a global logistics business and this role is working on a rollout of improved analytics across the European arm of the company. The data function is benefiting from significant investment, so this is an excellent time to join an ambitious and expanding team.
We are looking for candidates with good experience working on Microsoft Business Intelligence solutions, mainly PowerBI, but experience of SSAS, Tabular Models and ETL will also be an element of the role. You will primarily be providing data visualisations to the broader business - commercial acumen and a good understanding of business activities would therefore be advantageous, as well as the ability to interface with a business and gather requirements from non-technical stakeholders.
Any experience working on cloud platforms is also a plus, Azure ideally, and experience working on a data lake would prove useful in future as the company is moving towards a cloud-hosted, data lake solution.The team also work with agile principles and in scrums, so candidates should demonstrate a good grasp of the fundamentals of these methodologies.
* Able to solve simple and complex problems quickly and accurately
* Strong communication skills
* Able to work in a team environment and under own initiative
* Demonstrate solid technical and communication skills
* Able to translate business problems into technical requirements/outcomes
* Power BI
* SQL (SQL Server)
* SSAS (Tabular)
* Relational and Dimensional Data Modelling
* ETL (Data Cleansing/Quality)
* Data Visualisation and Design
* Experience working in an Agile environment utilising Agile SCRUM
Must have a minimum 3 years' experience working with:
* Experience with Power BI and DAX
* Experience with Tabular Models and use of Visual Studio with SSDT
Nice to have experience working with:
* Experience / exposure to Azure and Azure Analysis Services (nice to have)
* Experience with source control (GIT/TFS) (nice to have)
* Experience with JIRA (nice to have)
If this role sounds of interest, please apply within. You will be rewarded with a competitive package and benefits and will get the chance to develop in a growing environment. Please note, there may be requirements for occasional travel to various office sites around the UK where required.