Practice Manager - Project Management - Financial Services
£75,000 - £90,000 + package
Remote / London - City
Head of project management, practice lead, project management lead, project management, deployment lead, stakeholder engagement, central pool management, mentoring, leadership, coaching, resource allocation, delivery, change, transformation
Our medium sized client within the payments space has worked hard over the last 18 months to centralise it's Change / Delivery Function for the business to draw upon to successfully deliver projects & programmes. As part of this process the practice pool of Project Managers has build up & now requires structure, management & leadership.
The business are therefore looking for a Project Management Practice Lead to manage & run the practice to ensure it's delivering resource & capability throughout the business where needed.
The role will involve the following:
- Leadership & management of the Project Management Function
- Working closely with the Head of Delivery & Head of Change to understand where needs resource & to ensure the appropriate staff are deployed
- Ensure the companies standardised change practice is understood & used amongst the PM community
- Mentoring & coaching of the PM's within the function
- Resource & planning management to ensure all areas of the business are supported effectively
- Hands on project management work where required
- Project / programme scoping to understand skillset & capability needs
The successful candidate will need the following experience:
- Leadership of a project / programme management function previously.
- The business will consider a Senior PM that has managed deployment & management of a team of 5+ PM's however they will need to demonstrate strategic vision
- Working with a head of change /change leader previously planning & deploying project resource
- A strong background in Project / Programme Management
- Experience working & delivering change within the Financial Services - Retail banking & Payments preferred but others not discounted
- Senior stakeholder management
- Undertaking analysis of a project & deciding on resource capability & management.
- Line management of 5-15 staff
This role is critical to the centralised function working & requires an individual with significant strategic business sense alongside strong leadership qualities. There maybe times of hands on Project Management but this role is more leadership, deployment & coaching.
This is a great opportunity for someone to lead the function & help the centralised function succeed.
The role is presently fully remote but will require some time per week in the office in the future however the business are very flexible in their working practices & approach.
Head of project management, practice lead, project management lead, project management, deployment lead, stakeholder engagement, central pool management, mentoring, leadership, coaching, resource allocation, delivery, change, transformation,