MI / Data Analyst / Power BI / Premium & Debt / London Market / Insurance
Our client, a London Market insurer has a requirement for a Data Analyst with extensive Lloyd's Market insurance experience, as well as a solid understanding of payment processes to join their London based team.
- Key contact for ad-hoc reporting and analysis for premium receivables and credit control
- Produce clear and concise reports to analyse payment performance
- Support the teams in data driven initiatives
- Deliver reporting packs and exhibits accurately and in a timely manner
- Maintain and enhancement of existing premium and debt reporting
- Assist in resolving data issues
- Assist in month-end reporting
- Develop business knowledge and technical skills.
- Any other duties as is reasonably requested.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, SSRS,SSMS and Power BI can clearly demonstrate knowledge on building reports to a high standard
- Has experience of London and Lloyd's market and has a basic understanding of payment processes, i.e. the bureau, payment terms/ terms of trade etc.
- Effectively uses and manipulates data from databases and I.T. systems to produce qualitative data for the Business
- Requires strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL databases; can clearly demonstrate how to write complex queries.
- Strong business data analysis skills
- Effectively interacts and communicates with clients and colleagues to understand what kind of information they need to produce it
- Requires strong and relevant work experience gained in a similar role within the insurance industry (underwriting or broking)
- The ability to work in a small team, coach peers and add value
- The ability to prioritise stakeholder needs