Principal Solutions Architect - Retail
My client is the leading provider of innovative supply chain management solutions worldwide. Their multiple service options provide customers with flexible configurations, rapid time-to-value, lower total cost of ownership and 24/7 functional and technical support and expertise.
Part of the EMEA Strategic Transformation team for Retail, this Principal Solutions Architect will enhance, support and promote their leadership position with regard to process and solutions within the Retail sector. The role will bring value to customers by ensuring alignment between the customer's processes, people and their technology.
You will lead the end-to-end implementation of large footprint solutions for a given domain starting with the overall target architecture of the solution, partnering with all key stakeholders to drive the implementation of all the multiple releases within the program, be the single point of contact for all customer stakeholders on the overall solution footprint.
- Exceptional facilitation skills (meeting sessions, conflict resolutions, brainstorming etc.)
- Practical experience deploying Retail solutions in to Tier 1 organisations
- Strong knowledge of Retail End to End Supply Chain
- Ability to work alongside Strategic leadership to translate business strategy into operational processes and solution requirements using transformation 'blueprint' framework
- Good knowledge of industry verticals (Grocery, Soft / Hard lines, Energy & Convenience Retail)
- Knowledge, experience of Omni Channel solutions (e.g. OMS) and impact on retail supply chain
- Clear understanding of the industry, products, and trends within Retail
- Demonstrated ease to navigate in complex project environments
- Exposure to C-Level Executives and proven experience as a 'trusted advisor'
- Ability to handle complex situations with little to no guidance
- Previous experience in process or solution consulting, either in consulting or advisory firm, software vendor, or as part of strategy function of a large corporation are a plus
- Business fluency both oral and written in English, another European language (German, French) highly advantageous
- Proven experience working full lifecycle on successful retail transformations
- Worked at Principal Architect level of high profile retail transformation
- Experience of implementing/integration with industry leading ERP (e.g. SAP, Oracle Retail)
- Expertise in defining Enterprise Architecture in tier 1 Retail (target states, transition states, application/data/integration/business domain views)
- Led Enterprise architecture team, functions within a retailer, SI or retail software vendor
- Certification in industry standard EA frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman)
- Exposure , experience of AI/ML within retail
- Thought leadership within the retail technology community (e.g. presenting at industry conferences, white papers)
- Additional language skills to English (German especially)