My client is an award-winning medical education agency that has seen an exponential growth in their business in the past year and are now in a position to bring on talented medical communication professionals to help support those projects that are presently being worked on. In this role, the Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of medical communications projects from inception to completion, including but not limited to, content development, advisory boards, and speaker training (Must have experience working with all three to be considered).
Responsibilities include facilitating multidisciplinary project teams, interfacing with each department within the company, meeting client and management expectations, establishing strong faculty relationships, and ensuring programs remain on target and within agreed-upon parameters. The Project Manager is responsible for budget development, maintenance and reconciliation, managing external suppliers, keeping programs on time and focused on primary objectives, providing ongoing updates to internal team members and client contact(s), and resource management. The number of simultaneous programs managed by each Project Manager is dependent on the scope and nature of each initiative.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional communicator with experience successfully leading multidisciplinary teams. We are seeking individuals with strong financial management skills who are highly organized, adept at multitasking/prioritizing, and have the ability and willingness to motivate others.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and faculty members
- Maintain and manage timely and professional written and verbal communications with clients and faculty members
- Ensure client expectations are met on all levels of program activity
- Establish and maintain a strong knowledge of client organizations, products, disease states, and medical education
- Develop new project budgets
- Contribute to new business development activities within the account team
- Manage budgeting, financial monitoring, and reconciliation of individual projects
- Schedule and conduct start-up, interim, and final team meetings for each project, establish and maintain time and events schedules, and provide ongoing updates to client and team as required by account team on each initiative to ensure successful management and completion
- Facilitate progress of multidisciplinary project teams to ensure within-budget, on-time, on-strategy performance
- Oversee and facilitate development of all project activities, including faculty recruitment and ongoing communication, audience generation, content development, logistics management, registration/participant communication, production of materials, supplier performance, central file management
Education: A bachelor's degree is required.
Professional Skills & Experience: Three to five years of relevant project management experience in a healthcare communications environment is required. Candidates must have the ability to grasp and retain scientific information, along with a strong technical aptitude and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.