Project Manager - £350 - £400 per day - Inside IR35
A leading public sector organisation is looking for an interim Project Manager to join their team for an initial 6 months. This role will be a homeworking hybrid with only the occasional need to head into the main office in Exeter.
The day-to-day responsibilities for this role are as listed below:
- Agree the Project Scope, define requirements, identify deliverables, and plan the activities needed to deliver the required outcomes, using professional project management practices and documentation.
- Direct and motivate the project teams to ensure successful completion of tasks in line with the project plan and required quality standards.
- Direct and manage delivery from external suppliers and partners.
- Monitor, verify and forecast project progress and finances, initiating, and agreeing corrective action when necessary.
- Build relationships and communicate with all stakeholders, lead on the establishment of appropriate governance arrangements.
- Identify, analyse, evaluate, and prioritise risks and help ensure that benefit realisation is monitored throughout the project lifecycle and that plans are in place post-project to ensure continued successful benefit delivery.
- Identify any issues affecting the project delivery or achievement, initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Identify lessons learnt during projects and initiate changes to ensure best practice for future projects
- Report progress to the project board, project executives and senior stakeholders
The successful candidate for this role will have the following skills:
- Prince2 Practitioner and/or APM (Association for Project Management) Certificate.
- Proven experience of managing several business change projects, from start to finish with a track record of delivering on time and to customers' requirements
- A proven ability to manage issues and recommend solutions through formal and informal channels, securing effective outcomes.
- Proven ability to co-ordinate multiple activities and work streams, handling shifting demands and priorities, to deliver a customer requirement or business benefit.
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven track record of successful liaison with stakeholders at all levels, including third parties such as suppliers or Public Sector Bodies.
- Evidence of having managed or played a lead role in a team delivering successful business change.
- Experience of using financial reporting and planning tools and of accurate financial management of a project.
Whilst not essential, the skills below are desirable:
- Experience of working on property, estates or infrastructure development or refurbishment projects.
- Experience of managing delivery of instrumentation or remote sensor networks from R&D through to installation and commission.
- Knowledge of procurement processes using Find a Tender or Government Frameworks such as G-Cloud.
You must be available to start by the 11th October.
If you feel that you possess the skills and the experience we're looking for then we would like for you to send us your resume and your ideal day rate. Please note applications will be reviewed prior to closing and as such immediate application is recommended.