Project Manager - Central Government
£650 p/d (Inside IR35)
DES translates policies, strategies, and objectives into an operational framework for delivery to enable senior responsible officers (SROs) and budget holders to take accountability for delivery via three service areas: Control Environment, Operations Management and Delivery Planning & Insight
Operations Management - Develop and maintain an end-to-end operating environment that supports the project lifecycle, providing timely and effective activity and performance reporting to SROs and budget holders.
The Delivery Management Team is responsible for a range of activities providing the pre and post contract services to the three Delivery Directorates. It is part of the wider resource group in Delivery Management, which is responsible for providing the full range of tailored delivery management advice and support throughout the project lifecycle, including enquiry handling, guidance on policy and value for money considerations, continuous improvement and post-contract activities. This team itself is part of the wider resource group in Operations Management.
The post holder must develop and maintain excellent working relationships with:
- Specialist and Senior Specialist Transaction and Project managers across the relevant delivery teams;
- Other Delivery Management Analysts, Specialists & Senior Specialists; and
- Other Teams across the Delivery Enabling Services
- To contribute to the design and development of processes that support the development of the pipeline of activities and the effective and efficient of government funding
- To administer the key project management and monitoring systems including creating new records, updating projects to reflect decision outcomes and supporting exercises to validate the systems data
- Support senior managers in the analysis and preparation of performance reporting/ presentational material to internal and external stakeholders
- To handle any enquiries relating to relevant fund received via phone or email
- To support the collection, collation and dissemination of information and intelligence on fund activity as necessary.
- Collaborating with colleagues in DES and the Delivery teams to improve business processes and quality of information.
- Provide ad hoc business support to the Delivery teams
Key skills and knowledge
- Experience in scrutinising data and ensuring data integrity.
- Experience in administering programme or project management systems.
- A proven track record of building and maintaining strong personal relationships that can be utilised to understand project delivery
- Ability to work under pressure and at pace to achieve deadlines within tight timescales
- Excellent analytical & data visualisation skills - a strong attention to detail is required
- Proficiency in the use of appropriate IT systems
- Analysis & Planning: Working at speed and analytically through a range of different tasks and priorities to deliver on completing activities; ensuring that self and team performs to standard
- Networking and Influencing: Proactively develops robust relationships with stakeholders and partners; creates and develops these relationships to increase and broaden spheres of own and Homes England influence.
- Focus on Results: Seeks to achieve own results and encourages others through a positive approach which focuses on goals and targets. Looks critically at systems, policies, processes and procedures and is able to contextualise key operating principles and policy objectives to drive successful outcomes.
.Key Performance Measures
- DES translates policies, strategies and objectives into an operational framework for delivery to enable senior responsible officers (SROs) and budget holders to take accountability for delivery.
- Our core focus is to enable our delivery Directorates to deliver the agency's mission and objectives, which we achieve through a business partnering approach and the provision of a wide variety of services. Also, through our business partnering approach we provide further services to our corporate services functions
If you're interested in this role please apply