Investigo is working with a leading FS client who are adding capabilities to their Python focused Index Research Team. Based in Central London they are a household name who are renowned for only hiring the best.
This a contract role initially for 6 months, however there is budget in place into 2024, day rate is DOE and will only be done on a PAYE basis inside IR35. Hybrid working - 3 days remote/2 days in the office.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Help develop a quantitative understanding of what the Index Product business is looking to achieve and build solutions that support those outcomes.
- Write high-quality, maintainable code for new services and methodologies that adheres to engineering best practices and standards.
- Deliver solutions using combinations of Python, but also MS SQL, Postgres, Java and Typescript to support new Equities Product solutions for our customers.
- Support Index Management teams to meet regulatory requirements, governance, polices and standards.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or Electronics / Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Strong proficiency in Python (numpy, pandas, etc).
- Experience working with Index/Indices.
- FS experience essential.
If you are interested in learning more then apply today and Craig Worth will be in touch with you for an initial conversation.