Investigo are recruiting a Records Management Analyst for a client based in Northampton.
In the position of Records Management Analyst Northampton you will support the Data Science department with Data Governance which incorporates record management policies across the whole business. Key duties to include:
- Utilise the network of data champions to approve business definitions for performance metrics, improve the quality of data being recorded and record, contain and prevent data quality issues.
- Keep an accurate record of processing activities (RoPA).
- Agree data quality business rules aligned to DAMA data quality framework.
- Encourage completion of data protection impact assessments and legitimate interest assessments in the business.
- Make recommendations and advise regarding the security of employee, supplier or customer data to the business.
- Improve awareness of the need for data sharing or transfer agreements with third parties and grow the adoption of existing document sharing technology (including SharePoint and Office 365).
- Develop file naming standards and include considerations for document management within any retention and destruction policies.
- Work with all areas of the business on data classification and data discovery as required.
- Establish classification of data and widen the reach of classification across our data assets and submit items for inclusion in the Business Glossary.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of a compliant retention schedule/policy.
- Share best practice recommendations on the topic of records management with stakeholders in the business.
- Identify opportunities to improve records management and data governance within the business
- Participate in data champion forums.
The successful candidate will ideally have previous experience within data governance or records management
Strong communication skills as you will be working with various internal stake holders
Analytically minded and ability to interpret key data
Ability to work on own initiative and part of a team
£30,000 to £35,000 plus full benefits package and company bonus scheme