Job Purpose Summary
An Experienced, Flexible, motivated self-starter, with a keen eye for detail, who has at least 2 years' experience in a regulatory data or data quality function within a data management environment.
The candidate must have the basic knowledge of the regulatory landscape, be capable of carrying out data quality analysis, and is motivated to investigate complex data quality issues on large reference datasets. The candidate must also be able to produce good quality high level management summaries, and feel comfortable presenting their findings to internal stakeholders.
This role is responsible for:
Monitoring Regulatory Data ensuring that data is compliant with regulatory requirements and is maintained to a high standard. Supporting regulatory data that services Multilateral Trading Facility (UK and Europe) and Pre/Post Trade Services.
General Support Responsibilities Include:
- Carry out data analysis using Excel & SQL skills on both reference data platforms, identifying coverage, quality & timeliness gaps in the MiFID II dataset. Reconciliation of data between platforms and escalating recommendations for improving the data to meet the needs of the business.
- Manage daily MIFID II reference data tasks efficiently and effectively, responding to enquiries from internal stakeholders to meet our regulatory obligations and customers who subscribe to our regulatory data products.
- Work with internal stakeholders from all parts of the business on various projects, extracting the required data from the databases in question, and delegating any inaccurate or suspect data to be corrected by our data provider Work with the Data change manager & Business Analysts to improve the flow of the regulatory data delivery chain. Gain an understanding of the data flow from end-to-end, and identify ways to streamline existing processes.
- Liaise with Compliance and Legal to assist them with any Regulatory reporting.
- Support and quality assure data provided by our data supplier, joining weekly calls to ensure that receive the expected service as per our agreement.
- Ensure you understand which changes are released into production from both the change releases. Initiate reference data projects accordingly to ensure the reference data is accurate and up to date to facilitate any IT changes.
- We expect all team members to gain an understanding of all regulatory tasks, so that task can be effectively rotated on a monthly basis.
- Respond to all client enquiries, and aim to resolve the issues within the 3 hour SLA.
- Has had at least 2 years' experience in a data management environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills (Excel/Outlook/Word/PowerPoint).
- Basic SQL skills.
- Has the ability to introduce new ideas to our existing regulatory & data quality processes.
- Good Understanding of Fixed Income Markets, especially the MIFID II regulation and how that affects our business is desirable.
- An understanding of using Data reconciliation tools and SSRS (SQL server reporting services) is desirable.
- Has had experience with working on large datasets, and can confidently communicate to internal and external stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal, communication, people and organisational skills.
- Outgoing, resourceful and able to glean information from other parts of the organisation where necessary.
- Enthusiastic and optimistic in their outlook. Open and supportive of change.
- Good eye to detail and an ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- A lateral thinker, inquisitive and has the ability to challenge why existing processes are carried out in the way which they are today