We are a patient-focused biotechnology company developing next generation AAV-based gene therapies to treat genetically defined muscle disease.
Position Summary: We are recruiting a highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our growing team to help expand our research efforts advancing novel gene therapies toward the clinic. This hands-on position will be responsible for executing pharmacology studies focused on cardiac and skeletal muscle function in rodent models. The ideal candidate will have experience utilizing biochemical, cellular, and/or biophysical approaches to study skeletal and cardiac muscle physiology. As a start-up company, this position offers tremendous room for growth as well as opportunities across multiple areas of R&D.
- Independently execute studies in mice including dosing, necropsy, and sample processing in collaboration with the head of pharmacology and other scientists
- Perform in vivo functional/behavioral tests of skeletal muscle (e.g. grip strength), cardiac (echocardiography), and integrated cardiovascular function (treadmill running) as well as ex vivo preparations using whole or skinned muscle fibers for contractile analyses
- Bachelor of Science in the biological sciences, with an emphasis on pharmacology, physiology, and/or related fields. Prior industry experience is a plus. Title will be commensurate with experience
- Experience investigating cardiac electrophysiology, calcium signaling, as well as cardiomyocyte contractility and calcium fluorescence imaging. Muscle contraction studies including chemo-mechanical transduction mechanisms as well as whole and skinned ex vivo muscle fiber studies
- Familiarity with small animal research techniques including dosing, sampling, necropsy, and SOP guided assays