Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, AAV (Adeno Associated Virus) Engineering and High-Throughput Screening
We are a fully integrated AAV engineering and gene therapy company poised to create the next generation of innovative genetic therapies, with life-changing potential for patients with grievous unmet medical needs.
We leverage our proprietary high-throughput AAV engineering platform to create viral vectors with cell-type and tissue level specificity, overcoming many of the biological limitations of early gene therapy efforts. Combined with our in-house preclinical and manufacturing expertise, we are positioned to create the next generation of AAV delivered gene therapies, dramatically changing the lives of patients.
We are founded on the idea that diverse backgrounds and skill sets combine to create an environment that stimulates innovation and creativity, enabling us to grow into a leader in the AAV gene therapy space. Our leadership team is comprised of the scientific founders that developed the underlying intellectual property, and experienced industry veterans with a track record for bringing transformative drugs to market. Together with our partners, we will combine next generation engineered capsids with innovative gene editing and delivery modalities to bring novel medicines to patients that need them. Our research and development labs, offices, and manufacturing space are located in Newbury Park, near the Amgen campus.
Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, AAV Engineering
We are looking for research assistants to join our innovation-driven AAV Engineering and High-Throughput Screening team. The goal of this position is to work collaboratively within the AAV Engineering team to select and improve upon novel capsid variants for gene therapies. Under the guidance of an AAV Engineering scientist, you will execute experiments focusing on AAV capsid discovery using synthetic biology approaches, high-throughput screening, and continual innovation of the engineering platform. A successful candidate will have a background in molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, or related fields, hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques, and a desire to grow and learn at Capsida. Laboratory activities will constitute approximately 85% of the time.
- Follow and perform established experimental design protocols to obtain reproducible and reliable results with limited supervision.
- Record, analyze, and communicate experimental data.
- Maintain an electronic lab notebook.
- Communicate results in a clear and concise manner.
- Effectively trouble-shoot equipment and experimental difficulties.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop experimental approaches and exchange experimental material, reagents,and data.
- BS or MS in biology, genetics, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or related fields.
- 1-3+ years wet lab experience, preferably within the biotech industry.
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology: cloning techniques, PCR, nucleic acid purification, gel electrophoresis.
- Ability to conduct advanced procedures precisely and consistently.
- Ability to document and maintain an organized account of lab work and results.
- Collaborative mindset, experience working as part of a larger group to achieve scientific goals.
- Willingness to learn, grow, and contribute to team-wide efforts
- Experience with high-throughput screening.
- Demonstrated experience with molecular cloning, tissue extraction, qPCR, or ddPCR.
- Cell culture manipulation.
- Background knowledge of AAV biology or structural biology.
- Assay development experience.
- Demonstrated ability to automate or scale up a process.
Compensation and Benefits:
The well-being of our employees and their families is of the highest importance. As such, we offer a competitive salary and exceptional benefits, including generous stock options, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and significant PTO.
Additionally, we offer:
- Relocation compensation
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Social lunches, happy hours, and other events on a regular basis
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local laws.