Role Profile for Property and Development Director
Reporting to: Deputy Chief Executive
General Scope of the Project:
Investigo have been retained to support a leading not for profit care provider to find an inspirational Property & Development Director. We are looking for someone who is organised, motivated and can lead the Property team in supporting the Trust Strategy and functional objectives.
There are a number of exciting changes outlined in the Estates Strategy, and you will be responsible for the implementation and procurement of various Trust capital projects. Providing expert specialist, professional, construction and estates advice to the Property team, Directors and Executives.
The portfolio is large and complex, and you will be responsible for the entire department budget, as well as the whole life-cycle delivery of Freehold new schemes from site acquisition, design and specification process, cost, programme analysis, obtaining planning consent, appointment of contractors, construction management and defects where they arise.
Additionally, you will develop, review and implement the Estates and Facilities Management Strategy to ensure the Trust's portfolio meets all legislative, statutory and regulatory requirements, is maintained to a high cost effective standard, and supports the Trusts overall strategy.
You will work with the Deputy Chief Executive and Finance Director on developing various financial models and business cases for funding new care homes both freehold and leasehold. You'll ensue lease agreements are understood and managed correctly.
This role allows you huge variety, and in addition you'll be a member of the Senior Leadership Team and a member of the Health and Safety Board.
- To manage a multi-disciplinary team with regards to maintenance, capital, and new development projects, and accountable for all aspects of team leadership.
- To be responsible for budgets of c. £12m per annum, plus between £8 to10M for each new development.
- Lead and oversee the delivery of the programme of works agreed in the budget on budget, to the agreed quality within the specified time frames
- As part of the Estates Strategy, design and deliver an estates facilities management policy, strategy and operational plan which protects, operates, enhances, and maintains our assets.
- To be the principal adviser on all land, property, estate and facilities, development matters to the Executive
- Through the Trust's Health and Safety Manager, ensure that Health and Safety risk assessments for Trust buildings are carried out in a timely manner, and other risk assessments, for example asbestos survey and legionella audits, are conducted in accordance with legal requirements.
- Be responsible for approx. £50M of capital spend for the next 3 years.£12M per annum plus up to £10M for each new development
Person Specification - Essential
- Full chartered membership of relevant construction-based profession i.e. RICS, RIBA
- Degree in relevant construction and property related subject, i.e. qualified surveyor
- Relevant Project Management experience
- In depth and hands-on experience of property development and facilities management working at a senior leadership level, including multi bedroom developments
- Proven experience of leading an estates and capital programme and managing the delivery of a substantial budget
- Significant experience of the preparation of legal documentation for development and other initiatives e.g. development agreements, leases, contract documentation etc.
- Significant experience in commercial negotiations including leasehold arrangements
- Experience of procurement and delivery to contractual obligations, including leading full tender exercises
- Significant experience of strategic decision making and the preparation of strategic documentation and business proposals
- Refurbishment and multi-project programming experience
To be considered, please register your interest by emailing me: firstname.lastname@example.org