Investigo are currently recruiting a Sales Ledger Accountant on behalf of a large multi-site retail business based in Milton Keynes.
The Sales Ledger Accountant is a key member of the Sales Ledger Team in the head office Group Finance team. This role will deputise for the Sales Ledger Finance Manager and have responsibility for credit control, allocation, reconciliation, and reporting for two receivable sub-ledgers.
As a Sales Ledger Accountant you will be responsible for supporting the Operational Site and retail Teams.
- To act as deputy for the Finance Manager (Sales Ledger and Cashiers) on all aspects of Sales Ledger, including but not limited to process improvements, system upgrades, supporting other sales ledger team members etc.
- Financial control of two debtor sub-ledgers (Rent & Rebates and Parking) from raising of invoices and through to reporting.
- To process sales invoices for rebates, advertising and marketing, account holder parking, fine revenue, rents receivable etc.
- To reconcile remittances against cash receipts and allocate against invoices on debtor accounts.
- To generate month end debtor statements.
- To perform credit checks on new and existing customers.
- Liaison with account holders in respect of any overdue debts and agreeing actions to minimise risks of bad debts.
- To prepare regular debtor account statements and initiate direct debit collections.
- To regularly review credit limits for debtor accounts working with the departments concerned.
- To prepare month end reconciliations for the two sub-ledgers to the general ledger for internal control and audit purposes.
- To prepare aged debtor reports for the two sub-ledgers identifying action taken for any overdue balances.
- To prepare revenue accruals and adjustments related to the above two sub-ledgers.
- To liaise with sites / departments / third parties as required for the above.
- To support the Finance Manager with input on processes and user testing for the SUN accounts upgrade project.
- To maintain controls in accordance with the Risk and Control Matrix (RACM).
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Experience in monthly financial reporting
- Sales Ledger / Credit Control experience
- Experience in dealing with operations within a multi-site operation useful
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Numeracy skills
- Part Qualified ACCA
Our Client is offering a salary of £30,000 - £33,000 + Study Support