SAP Integration Lead Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Department: SAP Enablement - Core Functions
Working within the SAP Enablement Platform leading the SAP Integration team, your primary focus is ensuring the team have the technical direction, guidance and coaching to be successful in the technical delivery.
You will bring your knowledge and experience of designing, building and running a complex platform taking the best practice and Enterprise Architecture principles into a solution which is secure, cost effective and well managed.
Role and responsibilities
- Delivering the technical capabilities corresponding to the user stories described in the product backlog owned by the Platform Product Owner
- Managing technical debt and technology trade-offs, communicating those to the Product Owner ensuring implementation quality and that correct procedures are in place to assure code and feature quality
- Working closely with other interdependent Engineering Managers to produce required design specifications and ensure solutions work together and fulfil business needs
- Collaborate across the Architecture team to align activities in the backlog with the target architecture goals in an effective manner
- Developing team's skills to be able to deliver product roadmap according to industry best practices and our standards
- Ensuring professional development, inputs to performance management and guidance to the scrum team members
- Driving agile thinking and ways of working to maximise collaboration and value creation
- Ensuring the scrum team provides an accurate estimation of the development time to the Product Owners
- Developing internal testing capabilities (both automated and manual) to guarantee quality delivery.
- Accountable for delivering technology service epics for the product teams associated to the business services portfolio
- Contribute and adhere to design patterns and standards; ongoing alignment with Engineering principles and guardrails.
- Manage the cost of the environments to ensure we maximises the value of the deployment
- Work with security and operations teams to ensure that the security, integrity and resilience of the platform is maintained through the deployment lifecycles
- Create a culture of collaboration between Engineering and Product teams
- Develop and review technical architectures as well as solution designs to ensure high levels of performance, security, reliability, recoverability etc.
- Solve complex business problems linked to integration in the areas of finance, operations, human capital, customer, and governance, risk and compliance whilst using SAP technologies primarily.
- Be at the forefront of exploring new SAP Technologies, a quick learner willing to learn new technologies and methodologies; maintains current knowledge of industry trends and standards.
- Excellent communication skills as the job requires a high degree of verbal and written communication
- Be highly motivated, hardworking and possess good time management and communication skills
- SAP Certifications in their specialisation area would be advantageous.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 12+ years of core SAP Integration experience with SAP at its core and main skill
- Bachelor or Master degree or equal by experience
- Design, develop, implement, test, deploy and provide O&M support for synchronous and asynchronous interfaces between Client SAP instances and external systems using the SAP PO platform / SCI
- Must have worked in SLD configuration
- Expert in using process orchestration tools, graphical/java/xslt mapping.
- Good java development experience, NWDS, NWDI, GIT, iflow development with atleast one programming language experience like Java/nodejs/Java Script
- Must have BPM/BRM development experience
- Extensive experience on various PO adapters (REST/SOAP/SFTP/KAFKA/iDoc/RFC)
- Expert in alert configuration and proven experience in using CTS+
- Evaluate, model and design interface objects to construct interfaces
- Proficient in Event framework and technologies such as Kafka, Solace, SAP Enterprise Event Messaging / Solace
- Performance tuning and code optimization of PO interfaces
- Monitor production interfaces and address incidents within the expected timeframes
- Configuring SAP cloud integration and SAP cloud workflow is a plus
- Good experience in consuming or exposing web services (i.e. SOAP, REST) on PO and backend SAP ECC / S4HANA systems
- Non-SAP PO skills using Open Cloud integration functions as Azure Event Hub, Azure Functions, Azure Logic Apps, APIGEE - API Management etc would be advantageous and preferred
- Familiarity with interface test tools like HPQC , Greenhat is a plus
- Working Knowledge of RESTful programming model and experience in development on HANA based SAP Products like S4HANA , AIF and or PO would be preferred
- Design and develop critical, complex development solutions using industry standard toolsets (e.g. Solution Manager - Focussed Build) along with collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence etc.
- Actively pursuing continuous learning to constantly update skills and keep abreast of current developments in the industry
- Ability to strategize and look ahead at the big picture