IT Project Manager required with existing live SC clearance for speed of deployment. This is an inside scope deployment for 12 months (+possible extension), augmenting with a civil service team and other 3rd party suppliers. SC is essential. This contract role will suit project managers with experience of delivering project work-streams as part of wider IT programmes / portfolios. The work involves engaging with an interesting and sometimes challenging stakeholder and sponsor community. Rewarding work with an impact on critical front-line services.
£480 - £524 per day PAYE, after ENI and apprenticeship levy. (£550-£650 gross to Umbrella). Based on utilisation of 230 working days £110k-£120k per anum PAYE.
Flexible working - remote and office.
On-boarding is 3-4 weeks for SC transfer and provision of secure kit.
The role will play a key role in providing project management and leadership within a high-profile programme:
- Will provide senior project leadership within this high-profile and fast-moving programme.
- The role will require excellent project management skills and an ability to adapt and be flexible in a changing environment
- You will have effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experienced project manager with a track record in successful delivery.
- Identify skill requirements; and deploy and develop resources. Manage or direct a medium sized team.
Essential skills & experience:
- Significant experience in delivering either complex or high-risk projects
- Be experienced, credible & proactive in dealing with a broad and complex range of stakeholders, with the confidence to engage with senior officials and ministers.
- Be used to operating with a high degree of autonomy.
- Have practical experience in actively managing project risks.
- Be an experienced people manager, able to build and develop a high performing, flexible and motivated project team.
- Be comfortable networking throughout the business, challenging and influencing decision making when required.
- Project Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Risks & Issues
- Project Performance & Controls