Global biopharmaceutical company with a focus on rare diseases.
Greater San Francisco area
Scientist II, Genetics Research & Delivery - Full-time, permanent (not fully remote). Individual will be required to be on-site
This individual will be responsible for production of biologics and viral vectors to support early research stage projects and investigations of vector production process improvements. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership of and actively contribute to viral vector production, upstream process development, and viral vector analytics.
- Participate hands-on in biologics and vector production and optimization activities.
- Collaborate closely with purification and analytics teams to support research grade vector and biologics needs and novel platform development efforts.
- PhD in a relevant, scientific field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; OR a BS/MS degree with a minimum of 12 years' of experience
- Extensive process development and viral vector production experience
- Expert knowledge of mammalian cell culture, virology, molecular biology, and vector and biologics production.
- Extensive hands-on experience in bioreactor platforms for vector and protein production.
- Demonstrated excellence in the production of AAV in insect and mammalian cells.
- Strong leadership skills and history of training and mentoring junior scientists to create an effective and collaborative team.
- High proficiency in vector analytics and familiarity with GMP manufacturing requirements for gene therapies.
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be considered for this position, apply on-line now for immediate consideration and to be contact with further details.