An ambitious business undergoing significant transformation is seeking to recruit an experienced Security Analyst to join the IT team. The role will include the creation and management of SIEM use cases, vulnerability management & the implementation & refinement of a suite of security tools in a large-scale environment.
- Monitor and manage the first line triage function of security operations.
- Being part of vulnerability scans, assisting in undertaking and/or monitoring any remedial actions.
- Research and learn about new technologies and threats to ensure security controls are current and optimal.
- Performing detailed analysis of the data captured by monitoring systems.
- Responding to and investigating alerts raised by proprietary tool sets.
- Escalating incidents to senior management where necessary & acting as a point of contact throughout investigation
- The recommendation & implementation of new signatures/rules & tuning existing
- Security Report generation
- Audit Activities Support - working with the audit and compliance team providing evidence of security controls across PCI , ISO & other accreditation.
- Supplier Security Due Diligence - assessing supplier security arrangements using a mix of questionnaire and face to face visits based on priorities and risks.
- Security Guidance and Information - acting as 'front door' for the IT Team to provide guidance and information as requested and manage security service catalogue requests.
What We're Looking For
- Qualified to degree level in information security or equivalent experience.
- Self-motivated individual with flexible approach to working.
- Desire to build own Information Security Knowledge.
- Exposure to vulnerability analysis, audit activities, penetration testing and/or risk assessments
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to explain technical problems to non-technical business stakeholders at all levels.
This is a great opportunity to join a fantastic business and great company to work for.