Investigo are recruiting for a 12-month Senior Accountant role to work with Global Business based in Central London, who are going through a big growth period during this unprecedented time. They are looking for a qualified professional and the pro rata annual salary offers up to £60,000.
- Business Partners Managers on a portfolio of projects, providing financial analysis of key decisions, review of actual costs versus budget and providing the financial perspective on the development where appropriate
- Compiles and analyses the financial information in preparation for entry into various financial statements and accounting reports
- Make appropriate journal entries for recording in the general ledger by checking calculations, reviewing basis for figures, and balancing and reconciling figures
- Reviews budget, revenue, expense, invoices, and other accounting documents and researches and resolves discrepancies as necessary
- Maintains and reports on project budgets to include compilation of draw packages and necessary approvals, ensure accurate coding of invoices, charging of Management Fees, and submission of payment requests to third party administrators
- Liaises with external partners and lenders, providing additional data and information as requested, and answering questions necessary to facilitate the funding process in a timely manner
- Performs bank reconciliations and wire transfers for deposit, ensuring accuracy.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting packages for distribution to internal and external stakeholders
- Assists the group with creation of new project budgets, ensuring that appropriate cost codes are used and Management Fees and Contingency budgets are allocated correctly.
- Reviews and abstracts development and lender agreements for projects assigned, understanding reporting requirements, deadlines and fee calculations.
- Acts as the first point of contact with external auditors e.g. to explain journal entries and financial transactions, providing research data and information as requested, and answering questions necessary to complete the audit in a timely manner.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Qualified accountant with 2 years PQE gained in a similar financial role in industry
- Real Estate/Property industry experience highly desirable
- Financial reporting and strong IFRS experience is required
- Thorough understanding of accounting procedures and double entry book-keeping
- Working knowledge of VAT and job cost/project accounting
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills; high attention to detail; organisational skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and hard-working and will have a positive approach to challenges, thinking creatively to solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with senior members of the group, stakeholders and remote finance teams
If this role is of interest to you and you would like further information, then please send your CV to Liam Stubbs at Investigo on email@example.com.