This is a really exciting opportunity to work for a PE backed health organisation in Manchester. Our client are looking for an ACA qualified audit trained candidate to manage the UK site on their management & financial accounts.
You will have direct exposure to the senior finance manager who will fully support the successful candidate.
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Ability to grow diverse accounting skills
- ACA qualified
- Proficient using Microsoft Office tools and ERP systems
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise effectively to deliver results within aggressive timelines with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
General Ledger Manager responsibilities:
- Skilled in recognition of capitalised assets, including fixed assets and various non-clinical prepaid and other assets
- Ownership of accounting close activities such as journal entries and reconciliation to ensure that all recorded transactions and general ledger accounts are properly in a timely basis.
- For fixed assets, ensure appropriate recognition, classification, and safeguarding of assets
- Ensure the accuracy and adequacy of various such as accounts payable and accrued expenses, accrued compensation and related expenses, and other liabilities
- Able to identify, optimise and automate accounting processes and drive efficient and streamlined close process
- Convert UK statutory accounts to US GAAP
- Support understanding GL impact from third-party providers, modules and bolt-on application interfaces with ERP
- Support financial reporting and assist with disclosures as needed
- Assist with SOX controls as needed and perform SOX controls as assigned
- Work with Business Systems on system design, implementation, and enhancement
- Ad hoc analysis and projects as needed