This is a brilliant opportunity for a KYC / CDD analyst to join a Team of CDD and AML specialist Unit, providing support to number of Departments in the Bank in the areas of customer due diligence, anti-money laundering, counter terrorist financing, sanctions, and other financial crime compliance related regulatory requirements.
· Meeting the Bank's internal policies, procedures, and other regulatory and mandatory requirements.
· Carrying out the below activities, including (but not limited to):
· Sanction Screening, Transaction Monitoring, Adverse Media Screening, PEP Checks
· Contributions to policies, procedures, processes, and records management documents
· Competent relationship management including effective communication with key stakeholders at all levels.
· Provide effective, detailed feedback to CDD Analyst on cases
· Provide trends and patterns of issues and areas requiring enhanced coaching for the CDD Analyst teams.
· Providing coaching to individuals and the team at large
· Working closely with CDD Managers to improve overall quality and efficiency
· Completing Periodic and Event Driven (Trigger Reviews) Reviews of the existing Clients
· Conduct PEP, Sanction and negative news searches
· Investigation of Client Ownership structures to determine the Ultimate Beneficial Owners
· Undertake the assessment of Client MiFID and EMIR classifications
· Keeping accurate records and Management Information on clients
· Taking part in various mini projects
· Establish a professional and mutually beneficial working relationship with the Frontline to enhance clients' experience
· Ensure that tasks are completed in a timely fashion and as efficiently as possible.
· Complete customer files to agreed standards and to the Bank's CDD Policies and Procedures
· You must observe proper standards of market conduct.
· Preparing and managing any future business support functions which are to be introduced to the Branch from time to time;
· Carrying out other tasks assigned by the Head of CDD Unit or HoD that associate with CFU Middle Office business;
· Experience in analysing complex ownership structures; SPV's, Hedge Funds, Trusts etc.
· Must be highly competent with all relevant laws and legislations such as FATCA, JMLSG, AML and FCA Regulations.
· Educated to the Bachelor's Degree
· At least 4 years AML / KYC / CDD experience in either Client Onboarding, Periodic Reviews or remediation projects
· Ability to adapt to different situations and a quick learner
· Experience of coaching and training colleagues
· Ability to support line manager adequately as and when called upon to do so.
· Essential & Desirable Skills
· Good understanding of regulatory environments in the UK;
· Demonstrable track record in driving operational efficiency;
· Good command of English; Mandarin language skills are desired but not essential;
· Good technical understanding of the current UK and International KYC / AML rules and regulations
· Experience in using different screening tools and platforms
· Must possess critical thinking and investigative mindset
· Must be methodical, analytical, and able to exhibit attention to detail
· Hardworking, enthusiastic with good team work ethic
· Ability to use their initiative, work with autonomy with the support of their Team Manager without a need for micromanagement
· Must possess good communication skills with the ability to interact confidently with Frontline and other stakeholders
· Mandarin speaking will be desirable but not essential