SAP Data Lead - Technology
Senior Engineering Manager
We are a $40bn organisation with 100,000 people that move 20% of the world's trade, and
the largest shipping and logistics company in the world and we are transforming our company
into a global integrator of container logistics.
We are achieving an unprecedented transformation in the growth of our businesses, rethinking
the way we engage with customers and partners, and how the world's trade flows across our
global network. We are offering a unique opportunity for you to play a leading role in that.
We are operating in more than 130 countries across the world and with rapidly and constantly
changing business and technology environment, the Engineering Director role offers an exciting
opportunity to deliver the vision and strategy of the Finance and Tax Platform.
As an organization with global presence, joining us is a wonderful and exciting opportunity
to work with people of diverse talents & background. We offer a fast paced, challenging and
truly international atmosphere with activities spread around the globe in Copenhagen, India,
London, Hague and Charlotte. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance,
results, and respect for our employees. There will be the possibility of continuous professional
and personal development and for gaining a professional and social network.
As a company, we are committed to growing our people. We will provide you with
opportunities that broaden your knowledge and strengthen your professional & technical skills.
- We operate in a fast-paced environment utilizing modern technologies and bias toward
- We value customer outcomes and are passionate about using technology to solve
- We are a diverse team with colleagues from different backgrounds and cultures
As SAP Data Lead, you will be part of a team responsible for deploying our New Finance and
Tax Platform (NFTP) enabled by S/4 HANA into our global business. You will work with
development teams & business stakeholders in various locations, eg. Pune, Bangalore, UK and
Our Technology is also undertaking a major insource of capability in order to be
significantly self-reliant from H2 2022. In order to do this we are pulling together a world class
team to deliver NFTP and other programmes.
- Responsible for SAP S/4 HANA Solution Design across all master data objects and transactional data in ATR (Accounting to Reporting), PTP (Procurement to Pay), OTC (Order to Cash), C&B (Cash and Banking) and Tax processes;
- Build a world class team capable of supporting parallel deployments for the whole Extract, Transform, Load spectrum over multiple years Classification: Internal
- Work with our Technology and other Platform teams to develop data strategy and master data governance;
- Establish long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision and data standards;
- Contribute to the SAP roadmap in master data area while constantly seeking simplification and standardization of the landscape;
- Work with the programme release management team to plan approach to data migration;
- Advise on use of tooling and methods and decide how we will deliver the migrations;
- Prepare detailed data migration plans for each release for the full range of Extract, Transform, Load for all data objects;
- Manage plans through to execution including shaping, driving, co-ordinating activities and providing daily updates on progress against plans;
- Ensure data loads achieve both volume and quality targets;
- Work with business and technical cutover leads to ensure smooth transition;
- As a technical expert, you are expected to act as a centre of expertise in your field, staying abreast of developments in the SAP space and continually upgrading your functional knowledge.
We are looking for:
Experience & Technical Skills
- At least 15 years' experience in SAP data across multiple process areas and large-scale legacy
- Experience of leading data workstreams in large complex global SAP Projects;
- Experience of working with offshore teams to ensure all migration activities are undertaken on time and to budget;
- Experience in working with Master data business process/activity owners in understanding
business requirement and solution design;
- In depth knowledge of SAP master data management (including controls and governance) across processes;
- Knowledge and experience of tools such as SAP's Data Services, Data Intelligence and Migration Cockpit are highly desirable
- Bachelor's Degree.
Ways of working
* Very strong communication and collaboration skills;
* Excellent leadership skills and ability to drive for results;
* Structured, highly analytical mind-set and excellent problem-solving skills;
* Prepared to deep dive personally to solve problems and issues
* Collaborative, with strong mentoring and people skills / personal impact;
* Highly motivated and work well under pressure;
* Innovative, with the ability to think outside the box;
* An individual who respects the opinion of others; yet can drive a decision though the team;
* An individual who drives the agile method as a way of working.
As a person:
- Self-starter, highly motivated and with leadership quality
- Cultural understanding and experienced working in multi-cultural teams
- Willing to share knowledge and work as a team
- Proficient in English
- Service Minded