Senior Engineer Release Test and Assurance
Working in the SAP Enablement Platform as part of the Release Management team you will have a key role being part of the team responsible for defining the policy covering end to end testing for SAP change. Engaged throughout the development of testing strategy including all tooling for SAP engineered products which may span multiple platforms and domains. Challenging the normal approach and provides alternatives for improvement.
The SAP Senior Release Engineer Test and Assurance
- Provides technical leadership and strategic direction for project and program development teams in relation to phases of testing, tooling, environments, test data.
- Pro-actively analyses current processes and practises, suggesting and driving improvements to test coverage, execution, and automation.
- Has wide reaching scope, impact and influence extending across the PP3 domain and beyond when integration with other platforms products is required.
- Collaborates effectively and on an ongoing basis with teams involved in product development and release activity including release management, test and assurance teams, development, operations, business and systems analysts, program and project management, product owners and others to ensure alignment with policy and to continually assess and improve testing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Defines testing policy and actively participates in the development of all test areas e.g. test strategies, estimating, planning, environments, automation, performance testing, test data management, service virtualisation.
- Mentors and guides junior staff to build overall capability.
- Analyses products and technologies and makes appropriate suggestions to influence technical direction and use of technologies after making necessary evaluations.
- Is results oriented and has a high degree of accountability, commitment, and responsibility. The expectation is that involving a test architect in a project is a guarantee of obtaining positive outcomes
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Expert knowledge of current industry wide quality and test processes and practises, tools and techniques
- Ability to work with teams, to influence, to co-operate, to collaborate are essential key skills to get teams working at outstanding levels
- Excellent communication skills across all levels
- Self-Management is a key attribute expected for this role. Being able to work without the need for follow up or too much management is important. Self-motivated and self-starter once work assigned results are guaranteed almost always.
- Extensive technical product skills, it is not enough to be a specialist in any one area or technology.
- Actively pursuing continuous learning to constantly update skills and keep abreast of current developments in the industry
- Ability to strategize and look ahead at the big picture
- Detailed software analysis and design knowledge is needed while also having a solid background in software quality and testing. Must have hands on experience having performed both functional and non-functional testing and can review requirements, design and code as needed.
- Detailed hands on experience covering several the following technical areas with delivery at scale:
- SAP S4Hana, Test Data Management, Test Automation Frameworks, Service Virtualisation, Performance Engineering and Testing, Systems integration, PaaS, IaaS