Investigo are delighted to be exclusively partnering a Milton Keynes based Fintech business with their recruitment of a Senior Financial Accountant, on a permanent basis.
Having been recently acquired our Client has a very ambitious growth strategy for 2022 and beyond.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be a senior and key addition to the UK Finance team. You will be responsible for leading the month end close financial reporting process and provide support to the Financial Controller in developing the governance framework and introduction of efficient and effective financial processes to the rapidly growing business.
The expectation is that this role works not only with the Finance team but also with the wider business on improving the overall governance and control structure. This role is ideal for someone who wants a broad and wide-reaching finance role, requiring both technical expertise and honed communication skills. The preferred candidate will be experienced, able to adapt to change, and someone who enjoys working with in a dynamic fast paced environment. This role will suit someone with a strong work ethic and strategic mindset, who is looking to make an immediate impact on an exciting growth-stage company.
In other words, you will:
- Coordinate, prepare and consolidate the monthly management accounts and KPI reporting packs for the executive team and group reporting
- Produce and review key balance sheet reconciliations
- Continue to improve the internal control environment, including suggesting systems improvements and to actively assist in building efficient end-to-end processes
- Draft white papers for key technical accounting areas to be distributed to both the internal finance team and external statutory auditors
- Prepare key statutory audit materials including being the point of contract for the Group's auditors
- Provide direct support to the Financial Controller and deputise in their absence.
- Lead the finance team of four - provide training and mentorship to ensure appropriate development plans are in place and followed
Our Client is offering a salary of £65,000 - £75,000 DOE.