Senior Financial Accountant - Start-Up Financial Services Business - £80,000 to £100,000 salary range DOE
A Private Equity-backed Financial Services business has an opportunity for a Senior Financial Accountant in London. Working within the Financial Control function, this is a new role which has been added to the existing structure to support with increasing demand as the business experiences significant growth.
You will be a part of an experienced and impressive Finance function in a small but fast-growth organisation which has received significant investment. This means plenty of hands-on accounting responsibility as well as involvement in corporate finance, M&A and capital activities.
Key Responsibilities - Senior Financial Accountant:
- Production of financial reporting for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Support in developing and implementing accounting procedures, controls, reporting and statutory accounts.
- Treasury responsibilities including management of Cash including banking and FX as well as production of capital modelling
- Drive improvements and best use of financial systems and support on additional areas of implementation.
- Act as a key Finance point of contact to outsourced teams such as Tax, and building a sound knowledge of key activities
- Understand and maintain regulatory and risk frameworks.
You will be an ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified accountant with circa 7+ years PQE. A sound knowledge of core accounting principles and a track record of day to day management in a finance function will be key. This is a small and flexible finance team, so looking for someone who is equally comfortable completing bank recs, accruals etc as they are in partnering exec teams and working in corporate finance activities.
Previous experience of working in Financial Services will be key, preferably with some exposure to the Insurance sector.
As the business looks to grow, there will be more and more opportunity to get involved in different areas of Finance and support in the development of the team. Naturally, in a start-up environment this role will appeal to someone who is comfortable with variety, fast-pace and putting in place new process from scratch.
An excellent opportunity to join a growth-focused business which would provide the right sort of skill set and opportunity to grow into a Financial Controller / Head of Finance in future.
Get in touch for more info