Investigo are partnering a Global FMCG Company near Epsom, to recruit a Senior Financial Accounting Manager.
The role is to manage a team of Finance Managers and indirectly Trainee Accountants to deliver monthly financials, take ownership of ensuring financial compliance, maintenance of a strong control environment and continuous process improvements.
You will also be an active member of the Financial Controls team to identify opportunities for working more effectively across the wider team; including the implementation of consistent processes and procedures across entities.
- Managing a team of four Finance Managers and their trainee accountants. Ensuring resource is best used across the team and supporting development needs when required.
Process improvements and resource optimisation
- Promote a culture of analysis and self-review within the team.
- Proactively contribute to existing and future projects, in particular the SAP implementation project.
- Work together with a wider Finance team to establish and roll out better accounting processes and de-risking existing activities.
- Accurate and timely completion of month end activities across all entities. Ensuring all team members take responsibility for their role in month end.
- Reviewing journals and workings/calculations prepared by team members and the wider finance team, ensuring there is sufficient and adequate supporting documentation. Including high level overview of all journals posted.
- Compiling month end results summaries by entity and interrogating accuracy prior to close.
Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Ensuring monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation files are complete and accurate for all entities.
- Ensuring that any risks are understood and Finance Managers actively follow up on the 'health' of accounts using commercial context as appropriate.
Finally fully responsible for overseeing, Inter-company, External audit, tax, VAT and SOX compliance.
We are looking for the following:
- Fully qualified ACA / ACCA accountant with current knowledge of IFRS/ UK GAAP.
- External or internal audit experience.
- Previous team management experience is essential.
- Great attention to detail, logical and reasoned approach to problem solving with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation.