Senior FCC Officer - International Wholesale Bank
Are you someone who enjoys empowering people in their lives and business? You are honest, responsible and helpful, a leader that will be responsible for ensuring compliance with UK Financial Crime Compliance legislations and policies. Financial Crime is a continuously growing industry and this role gives you the opportunity to progress into a SME or MLRO role.
The environment and culture is a collaborative and innovative one, always looking to make things happen and help others to be successful both internally and externally. It is also diverse, with diversity being seen as a fundamental part of the business' success as opposed to a tick box. A healthy work/life balance is also seen as an important contributor to this.
- To complete MLRO advice requests where required in the Vantage system
- To review and advise upon complex and enhanced EDD files
- To analyse and decide on correct action to be taken on name screening alert escalated from the first line
- To analyse and decide on correct action to be taken on SWIFT messages stopped by the FMF Fircosoft transaction monitoring system
- Escalate internally any screening Hits.
- To advise First line in respect of FCC policy requirements.
- To sign off sanction risk assessments
- To analyse and decide on correct action to be taken in respect of escalations from Post Transaction activity monitoring.
- Conduct quality assurance on outsourced processes (such as CDD and first line screening)
- To train staff in respect of AML requirements when required
- Remain conversant with UK and relevant overseas regulations and regulatory developments in regards to Money Laundering and Financial crime.
- Maintain the branch PEP register
- Full knowledge of the UK Financial and Economic Crime Legislation and the expectations of regulators in this area.
- At least 5 years working in a Financial Crime Role with a Bank or similar Financial Institution giving advice in the area of Client Due Diligence requirements and Sanctions.
- An understand of Wholesale Banking products and how they could be used to launder money
- Commitment to high quality standards with a fine eye for detail
- Ability to work to deadlines with limited supervision
- A high level initiative and common sense.
- An interest in global activities be it Criminal or Sanctions that can impact payment flows to people, companies or countries.
- Ability to communicate clearly on both a verbal and written basis
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to make and record decisions with in the given FEC risk parameters