A leading Financial Services group currently have an opportunity for a technically-minded Finance Manager to join their Financial Control function.
Working within a team of 9 in total, you will act as #2 to the Head of Financial Control, with a blend of responsibilities across oversight and hands-on accounting responsibility.
As a leader within the function, you'll manage a team of 3/4 with responsibility for outputs, delegation etc.
Working for a business with a fantastic, collaborative culture who value flexibility and autonomy.
Senior Financial Reporting Manager - Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure the generation of statutory and regulatory reports for entities across the Group
- Provide insight to Head of Finance and CFO on all technical accounting and tax matters for the Group
- Deliver statutory accounts and regulatory reporting expertise with ownership for policy, procedure work and compliance to IFRS
This is a broad Finance role which will provide the post-holder with a solid platform to progress to Financial Controller / Head of Finance / CFO in future.
- Ensure financial reporting is compliant with accounting standards and corporate strategy
- Involvement in projects including treasury strategy, legal entity review and other projects
- Manage group Treasury activity including cash flow forecasting, investment and FX hedging.
- Work closely with audit teams in preparation of financial statements.
- Prepare annual and interim statutory accounts
- Liaise with stat and regulatory bodies to understanding changes in requirements and their impact.
- Support on regulatory reporting required by regulatory bodies across multiple international entities.
- Lead a team of accountants and develop members of the team to progress within the group.
Person and Experience:
- Technical accounting knowledge including IFRS and US GAAP
- Strong understanding of statutory auditing processes and working with external auditors
- Used to dealing with complex technical accounting and reporting issues across multiple international entities
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Track record of managing teams and developing people
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Financial Services Group with a great culture and broad set of responsibilities.
You'll work with a collaborative set of colleagues who cross over in responsibilities and will support in your landing with the business
If you are interested in taking on a role which will take you towards a Financial Controller / Head of Finance role in future then get in touch to discuss