My client are a large international business with locations throughout North America, Europe, The Caribbean, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. With employees growing to over 1000, they are looking for a Senior Internal Auditor to join their team in the European head office.
This role offers the opportunity to travel internationally up to 40%.
- Lead teams providing assurance services via financial, operational and compliance
- Drive the development of audit scope and audit procedures to be performed
- Perform analysis of transaction data to identify process/control weaknesses and inform audit approach and testing.
- Identify control weaknesses and process improvement opportunities, and work with process owners to develop pragmatic solutions to issues.
- Draft high-quality audit deliverables to communicate observations.
- Follow-up on the implementation of managements action plans to address identified control gaps.
- Assist process owners in the preparation and on-going maintenance of control and process documentation (policies, procedures, narratives, control matrices, etc.).
- Work with the business and key stakeholders to provide guidance and assurance on key projects and critical change activities.
- Communicate/engage regularly with audit and industry communities to thoroughly understand new developments and risks, and anticipate changes arising from both internal and external factors.
- Positively support knowledge sharing and thought leadership within the function, and with external networks.
- Build a strong network and relationships to facilitate career development either within internal audit or in the wider business.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Qualified accountant
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organisation, both written and oral
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite