Senior IT Practitioner - £520 - £580 per day - Inside IR35
A leading public sector organisation is looking for an interim Senior IT Practitioner to join their team for an initial 6 months. This role will be a homeworking hybrid with only the occasional need to head into the main office in Exeter.
The day-to-day responsibilities for this role are as listed below:
- Support and manage Linux platforms in use across the organisation to deliver the Linux Desktop and Linux Operational services.
- Support Linux platforms by undertaking the practice of investigating, identifying root causes and resolving reported incidents so that the platforms continue to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure that all business processes (including ITIL processes), work instructions and development guidance associated with the services are followed
- Guarantee the most efficient and effective use of resources in line with institution's priorities.
- Installation of operating systems on hardware devices where appropriate
The successful candidate for this role will have the following skills:
- Proven experience of building, managing and administering RHEL6 and RHEL7 desktop and server-based systems, preferably using Red Hat Network (RHN).
- Proven experience in the use of standard Linux tools to diagnose performance problems
- Experience of working in a support role including the use of ServiceNow or a similar tool
- A proven ability to communicate easily, enthusiastically and professionally with a range of customers
- Good team-working skills and when appropriate the ability to work to your own initiative with an organised approach to work.
- Proven communication skills both within the immediate team and with the wider customer base
- Experience of working with Puppet
- Current SC clearance
Whilst not essential, the skills below are desirable:
- Previous knowledge of Met Office systems and infrastructure.
- Experience of managing virtual machines and working with VMWare
You must be available to start by the 27th September.
If you feel that you possess the skills and the experience we're looking for then we would like for you to send us your resume and your ideal day rate. Please note applications will be reviewed prior to closing and as such immediate application is recommended.