Senior Management Accountant, French Speaker - City of London - Financial Services Group - up to £70,000 - Hybrid
A leading UK brokerage based in the heart of the City, is looking to hire a french-speaking qualified accountant into their Legal Entity Control team. You will work closely with the Paris office, with much more crossover with the French entity in a post-Brexit world. Looking for someone who wants to progress, develop internally and grow their career in Financial Services.
As a leading listed brokerage, the business offers the scale and functionality of a large bank whilst also blending the breadth of role and variety of a smaller business. Investment on systems and people within Finance has been a major focus recently of the CFO and they have made huge strides in improving the efficiency and quality of the function.
Operating a hybrid working policy, you'll work in a vibrant, busy office environment in the City whilst also having the balance to spend time at home and reduce commuting etc.
- Ownership for control and sign off of the financial performance of your assigned legal entities
- Prepare and submit accounts in line with IFRS and Group accounting policies for EMEA region
- Monthly journal entries inc FX, intercompany recharges, prepayments, accruals etc.
- Production and presentation of critical MI to strategic decision makers and stakeholders across the Group
- Balance sheet management including reconciliation work and substantiation.
- Produce variance analysis and commentary on the P&L and Balance Sheet
- Analysis and understanding of front office cost base, across the business and entity by entity.
- Support the wider team in driving improvements and efficiencies across Finance
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts, understanding key cost drivers.
- Build a close working relationship with the Paris entity and act as their key point of contact for this team in London.
The business offers and excellent opportunity to progress your career within management reporting, financial control etc. As a listed group, there are multiple functions at their London HQ and they offer great internal mobility for those looking to develop internally.
The roles on offer are broad, with exposure to senior management functions early on. Whilst you will be a specialist in your area of management accounting, you will operate with a supportive structure around you and a broad set of responsibilities so you won't work in a silo.
Financial Services is a fast-paced, sought after and rewarding sector to be in, however it can be challenging to step into from another sector. This hiring manager is open to meeting those who come from a similar, but non-FS related industry. The group has a diverse workforce with strong diversity in industry backgrounds before joining the firm.
There are a handful of key expectations for this role - if you meet the four points below then please apply or get in touch:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Hands on Management Accounting experience in industry across P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Fluent French speaker and comfortable sitting on calls and working directly with Paris in French-spoken meetings.
- Strong personal organisation and stakeholder management ability.
If this sounds like you then apply now or send a CV to email@example.com