Senior Data Technology Manager - London - up to £100k + bonus
Investigo have been engaged by a leading telco provider in their search for a senior data professional to lead part of a new data function. This is a crucial hire as the firm embark upon a replatforming project and candidates must be comfortable working on greenfield and challenging projects. Candidates must be comfortable with cloud data engineering, ideally working with GCP and should ideally have come from a technical background themselves.
This position is a leadership and managerial role, with a number of direct reports with a particular focus around Data Engineering at scale within cloud platforms. This position will be crucial in supporting the growth of this team, developing team members professionally and providing strategic and technical support and advice to the rest of the business where required.
Candidates should be comfortable driving change and helping to deliver a data first environment. The role requires some elements of strategic leadership as well as the ability to oversee the day to day operations of a Data Engineering team, so candidates should have the ability to be flexible and adaptable, particularly in the initial 6 months when helping to build the new function.
- Ensure the delivery of scalable data pipelines, capable of ingesting and processing vast quantities of data
- Deliver "one true source" data and ensure that all information is available to approved entities
- Establish strong working relationships across the business, with the aim of driving data-first attitudes
- Ensure data assets are cloud native, now and into the future
- Develop process automation with DevOps CI/CD and foster an environment that is tailored to these principles
- Supporting Analytics functions to deliver their objectives
- Ensure Data Architecture is in place for advanced analytics and AI to be implemented
- Deep understanding of Data Engineering, both on premise and cloud based
- Experience of GCP (preferred) or other cloud platforms
- Comfortable leading teams delivering big data solutions
- Proven experience in automation/DevOps
- Experience building scalable solutions
- Comfortable managing and growing a large technical team
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills essential
If this role sounds like it could potentially be a good fit for you, please apply within to be considered.