Senior Applications Developer - City of London - (VB.NET)
The Senior Developer role requires a candidate with strong experience in the IT industry. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing a complex enterprise system on a day to day basis. The development teams may consist of permanent; contract, business and offshore resources and candidates need to be comfortable with working within a distributed team and at different levels.
Successful candidates need to be able to assist in all aspects of the software development life cycle (Requirements Definition, Business Analysis, code development, testing, deployment, support, etc). They will work very closely with the Technical Architect in designing solutions and will be accountable to the Development Manager for the successful delivery of projects to time, budget and quality criteria.
The successful candidate must have the following skills and experience:
- hands-on development experience with the following technologies:
- Microsoft.NET (specifically Visual Basic.NET)
- Extensive Windows Forms development experience
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Microsoft SQL Server with strong T/SQL skills.
- Microsoft Web Services Design and Architecture (specifically with IIS)
- Microsoft Software/Server Technologies and Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office Suite Development with VSTO (Visual Studio Tools for Office) with particular emphasis on Outlook, Word and Excel API development.
- Click-Once deployment.
- Oracle 10g with strong PL/SQL skills.
- Demonstrable experience or understanding of the development of Workflow and Document Management applications.
- General Technical Skills:
- A proven track record in a software development environment.
- End to end experience of the project lifecycle.
- Experience of RAD/Agile and Waterfall variant methodologies.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Candidates will be expected to:
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrate ability to communicate complex technical problems and solutions to business users in an "understandable" way.
- Be a Team Player as well as show individual strength and leadership.
- Be "Customer" focused and committed to quality.
- Be a "self-starter" - able to take ownership and be a team player when necessary.
Although not mandatory, the following skills are desirable and will differentiate stronger candidates:
- Knowledge and practical experience with any or all of the following:
- K2.Net Workflow.
- Meridio Document Management.
- BCL easyPDF SDK
- Web Development using ASP.Net (C# or VB.NET)
- C# or C++ Experience.
- Specific knowledge and experience of DSDM/Agile development methodologies and the PRINCE 2 project management methodology.
- London Market Insurance Broking experience.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) Certification.
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) Certification.
Further job details available upon request