Senior IT Network Services Engineer
Hybrid (York-3 Days per week)
Reporting to the IT Network Services Manager the role is accountable for delivering world class IT network management services across the core network.
The role will lead a team to meet our ongoing operational business requirements:
- Development of network strategy including network design and roadmap.
- Day to day operational performance of the core network to agreed SLAs and KPIs.
- Changes to the core network to meet ongoing business demands.
- Delivering continuous service improvement.
- Emergency response to critical incidents.
- Manage and ensure effective operation of the IT core network, including but not limited to:
- WAN - circuits, routers, firewalls, load balancers and other components that enable devices to connect to broader services spanning wider geographical areas.
- LAN - cables, access points, switches and other components that enable devices to connect to local services.
- Internet and Cloud Service Access.
- Data Centre Connectivity.
- Secure Wi-Fi (Office and Manufacturing).
- IT Disaster Recovery.
- Ensure all relevant core network hardware, software/firmware is within supported life. Work with vendors to obtain, schedule and implement updates.
- Review and respond to out of hours critical incidents as required.
- Support the IT Network Services Manager for core network major incident resolution ensuring coordination of resolving parties.
- Manage key supplier relationships to ensure services are delivered within agreed timescales.
- Enforce core network policy and procedure.
- Deliver effective 3rd line support ensuring adequate resource is allocated.
A Level IT, BTEC in Computing or equivalent.
- MCP or equivalent.
- CompTIA Network+.
- ITIL - V3/V4 Foundation.