My client is looking for a Senior Network Engineer ideally with proven experience Palo Alto security
Cloud connectivity (AWS, Azure). WAN routing (MPLS, BGP, OSPF) and LAN switching
The Senior Network Engineer will provide support for day-to-day activities within the network and communications team, including managing problems, network monitoring, working on projects, and working with customers.
Any knowledge of Cisco ACI is desirable.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Cisco routers including ISR and CSR series.
- Cisco Catalyst 3850, 4500 chassis and 4500X switches.
- Cisco Nexus 9000, 5000, 2000 series data centre switches.
- Cisco 5500 wireless LAN controllers and wireless access points.
- Cisco WAAS & vWAAS WAN accelerators.
- Cisco ACS platforms.
- Palo Alto firewalls, Global Protect, App-ID, Content-ID, Panorama.
- F5 BigIP load balancers..
- Understanding of TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, NAT, ACL, 802.1X, Spanning-Tree, QoS, VoIP, SIP.
- Solarwinds, Wireshark, PRTG network management platforms
- Knowledge of networking in a vitalised data centre environment is desirable.
- Knowledge of Cloud connectivity to AWS and/or Azure is desirable.
- Knowledge of Cisco ACI is desirable.
- Knowledge of automation and scripting (Python, Ansible, Visual Studio, etc)
- Experience working in a global, enterprise class, mission critical, 7x24X365 network/telecommunication environment.
- CCNP or higher and/or CCVP/Cisco Unified Communications/Collaboration certification preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact with all levels of management and staff as well as outside vendors, contractors, service providers and consultants.
- Maintain a professional manner and remains calm under pressure.
- Initiative and willingness to seek and achieve improvements to processes and technology
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working within the network & communications operations team, with involvement in projects, and responsibility for designing and implementing new solutions.
- Assist with the implementation and ongoing support of an enterprise class networking and communications environment.
- Assist with managing incoming network issues and working to resolution.
- Liaise with vendors, telcos, service providers and clients to resolve problems and design new requirements.
- Assist project managers to implement major new projects.
- Assist team to implement service improvements and updates.
- Assist with proactive improvement initiatives including the analysis of best practices, identification and mitigation of risks posed by single points of failure, root cause analysis, auditing current infrastructure and design, and testing for redundancy and failover.
- Agree design standards and ensure they are followed by the wider team, review and approve changes
- Regularly interact with Infrastructure Architecture team to ensure Design Standards match Architecture Positions.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is created and published (High Level Designs, Low Level Designs, Operability Guides, etc.).
- Provide excellent customer service and support to our clients and partner organisations.
- Provide out of hours support via on call rota.
- Occasional weekend work as required.
- Occasional travel to datacentres and remote offices as required.