Seeking a Construction Project Manager who is experienced in working with Public Sector clients. You will be working across the full RIBA Stages, ensuring relevant stakeholders and professional team members are engaged throughout, processes and timelines are agreed and communicated to ensure the successful project delivery. The opportunity will include the procurement of the main contractor and contract administration on behalf of the client.
There will be the opportunity to support clients with business case development and early feasibility/viability studies. An appreciation of funding routes and a desire to seek and develop opportunities would be beneficial as our client encourages all staff members to engage in business development.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with one of the leading Project Management Consultancies in the UK across a range of projects in Birmingham and the Midlands (which could include schools, hospitals and local authority buildings).
- Assisting clients with the development of the project brief.
- Appointment and management of the professional team on behalf of the client, where applicable.
- Managing and developing the team to ensure the client's vision is adhered to, goals are met and that the project team are supported and motivated throughout.
- Managing and monitor the performance of the professional team and the main contractor. Establishing appropriate project reporting procedures and systems and preparing regular/monthly quality, cost and progress/programme reports to the client.
- Setting up and chairing regular progress meetings and report on project and commercial progress, issues and risks. Advising the client of any assessment required and obtain authorisation.
- Ensuring close out and practical completion schedules are completed and issued.
- Undertaking contract administration under the terms of the construction contract.
- Internal financial control of project fees and quality management requirements.
- You will have a construction or project management background, ideally working for a Consultancy with a minimum of 4 years' experience
- Proven experience working with Local Authority clients, with an appreciation of their governance requirements.
For more information, please call Elliot on 07711 373330