Job title: Senior Python Developer
My client are a small company of around 55 staff, made up of a passionate team of traders, developers and quantitative analysts in the data analysis sector
They enjoy a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, offering fresh challenges which are both rewarding and enjoyable. Their ambitions are high, aiming to create best-in-class product in a highly-competitive field.
In the coming year, they will be working on expanding trading strategies this will include:
- Expanding the number of sectors they cover
- Adding software features (alternative trading algorithms etc.)
- Increasing the scalability of our systems to better support increased numbers of customers, events and markets
- Improving the traders visibility of our systems' activity to provide more insight into their operation
You will help improve these systems, working directly with the users of your software.
You will be given the opportunity to work independently and take on responsibility for our trading strategies, price feeds and activities from inception to delivery.
The technology stack you will be working with currently consists of:
- Python, mainly 3.5+ for new projects and 2.7 in our legacy systems
- Go for infrastructure services
- Linux servers
- PostgreSQL for data storage
- ZeroMQ for backend communication
You will have the opportunity to explore your own ideas and suggest new tools. You will also be able to work directly with traders and quantitative researchers.
Laid back working environment, flexible working hours, adjustable height desks, free cereals, fresh fruit, tea, coffee and fruit juice, as well as industry leading benefits.