Investigo are delighted to be exclusively supporting a Milton Keynes based Multi-Site Retail Client with their recruitment of a Senior Reporting Manager, on a permanent basis.
This position is a key role within the business, working as part of the FP&A team. Responsible for enabling all financial reporting output to the business and understanding the changing business requirements of financial and non-financial data. This role is also responsible for all Board level reporting.
The Senior Reporting Manager predominantly works with the Finance and IT teams, ensuring the financial reporting requirements of the business are delivered in the most effective way.
This role would have management responsibility for a Reporting Analyst (part qualified level)
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Provision of timely & accurate corporate reporting; monthly Board packs, daily and weekly company-level reporting
- Ad hoc corporate reporting and competitor analysis, including provision of data
- Support Head of FP&A with annual budget and quarterly forecasting process (working across whole business, leading the timetable and producing consolidated view of the P&L ad KPIs).
- Support for Internal and External audits; queries, analysis
- Oversee Period End process to ensure an effective timetable and correct period close
- Primary point of contact for corporate & Board reporting requirements; new reports, changes to existing reports, queries
- To support the Finance Transformation Project; actively involved with the scope, design, build and delivery of Power BI reports
- Responsible for the core business planning tool (currently IBM Analyst), building budget and forecast environments based on business requirements. Loading submission, updating actuals and reconciling to SUN
- Drive continuous development of finance reporting, including any IT / analytics projects; identify opportunities in finance reporting for new data, new reports, enhancements to existing reports, improvements to timeliness of data
- To enable new data within finance reporting; working closely with the Finance Systems Manager to understand business requirements of new data and enable reporting in the correct systems
- To understand future business strategy so that finance reporting is always aligned to the changing business requirements
- Support the future development of Power BI, moving away from reliance on Excel reporting
- To recommend and introduce 'best practice reporting standards' and train this in across finance
- To lead the reporting strategy; to review all current finance systems, their proprietary reporting tools, the users, recommend the most efficient way to use them and follow through with delivery of the strategy
- Effectively manage and develop the Reporting Analyst, including objective setting and development plans
- To become a super-user for all finance reporting tools
- To ensure the Reporting Analyst is sufficiently trained to cover in your absence
The successful Candidate will be a Professionally Qualified individual with in depth experience of FP&A, and a strong understanding of the P&L. They will be comfortable working in a fast paced, changing environment and any experience of working within a Multi-Site business would be advantageous.
Candidates will need to possess working knowledge of planning software (IBM Analyst and/or Oracle EPM Planning) as well as report writing in financial systems and BI tools.
Our Client is offering a salary of £60,000 - £65,000 + Benefits