Publicly traded company focused on large scale linear DNA production for diagnostics and vaccines.
Stony Brook, NY (candidate will be required to be on-site). Relocation assistance will be available to the right candidate.
Senior Scientist, NGS
The Senior Scientist will be able to take ownership of the NGS platform by analyzing various samples and developing new methods in the rapidly growing areas of functional genomics cancer research including single cell sequencing. Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute molecular biology protocols, specifically various NGS-based library preparation and characterization protocols
- Lead NGS team to develop and implement genomic analytical solutions for pathogen identification and cancer clinical research
- Perform method and instrument qualification and validation
- PhD in a relevant, scientific area with a minimum of 3 years NGS experience using DNA extraction
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques (i.e. PCR and qPCR)
- Advanced understanding of NGS platforms, specifically Ion Torrent platforms
The organization recently secured $1 Million in COVID-19 Surveillance Testing Annualized Revenue and announced this past August that they filed a new US patent application for the manufacture of AAV.
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be considered for this position, apply on-line now for immediate consideration and to be contacted with further details.