We are a fully integrated AAV engineering and gene therapy company poised to create the next generation of innovative genetic therapies with life-changing potential for patients with grievous unmet medical needs.
We leverage our proprietary high-throughput, data science driven AAV engineering platform to create viral vectors with cell-type and tissue level specificity, overcoming many of the biological limitations of early gene therapy efforts. Combined with our in-house preclinical and manufacturing expertise, we are positioned to create the next generation of AAV delivered gene therapies, dramatically changing the lives of patients.
We are founded on the idea that diverse backgrounds and skill sets combine to create an environment that stimulates innovation and creativity, enabling us to grow into a leader in the AAV gene therapy space. Our leadership team is comprised of the scientific founders that developed the underlying intellectual property, and experienced industry veterans with a track record for bringing transformative drugs to market. Together with our partners, we will combine next generation engineered capsids with cutting edge gene editing and delivery modalities to bring novel medicines to patients that need them. Our research and development labs, offices, and manufacturing space are located in Newbury Park, near the Amgen campus.
Research Associate to Senior Scientist - Protein Engineering
We are looking for an innovative and experienced scientist to join the AAV Engineering Team to help bring new technologies to Capsida. The goal of this position is to work with other team members or lead projects to improve metrics and quality of selected novel variants for gene therapies. With direct interaction with senior leadership on the engineering team, you will join a very collaborative small team of scientists aimed at improving and innovating on the current engineering platform. A successful candidate will have a strong technical background in molecular biology and genetics, hands on experience with AAV and/or protein engineering, and a desire to grow and learn at Capsida. Laboratory activities will constitute approximately 30-80% of the time depending on level.
- Ph.D. in a life sciences discipline with a minimum of 1 years of laboratory experience in a biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or academic setting, or M.S. with a minimum of 3 years of laboratory experience, or a BS with 5 years of experience in a laboratory
- Strong background in molecular biology and cell-based screening models, or spatial transcriptomics, or single-cell based sequencing
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on timelines
- Excellent organizational and collaborative skills, with the ability to design and troubleshoot experiments with minimal supervision or as part of a group. This includes the ability to document and maintain detailed laboratory notes.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, as well as the drive to pursue diverse and ever-changing projects as part of a fast-paced startup team.
- Proficiency with production and purification of research scale gene therapy vectors
- Experience with Mission Bio, 10X, or Nanostring platforms
- Experience with Cell Sorting or Single Cell isolation
- Experience with high-throughput screening
- Demonstrated experience with next generation sequencing and/or RNAseq
- Expertise in RNA expression optimization
Compensation and Benefits:
The well-being of our employees and their families is of the highest importance. As such, we offer a competitive salary and exceptional benefits, including generous stock options, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and significant PTO.
Additionally, we offer:
- Relocation compensation
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Social lunches, happy hours, and other events on a regular basis
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local laws