AAV Gene Therapy start-up backed by proven investors and an experienced leadership team
Senior/Principal Scientist, AAV Gene Therapy (title flexible and dependent on experience)
This individual will contribute towards the development of AAV vectors for gene therapy. The Senior/Principal Scientist will develop and lead AAV production and purification systems to produce research-grade AAV. This person will contribute to the construct and design, plasmid prep, transfection, AAV production and purification.
The role will perform various experiments to screen gene therapy drug candidates.
- BS, MS or PhD in a relevant, scientific field with relevant industry experience
- Hands-on experience with AAV production and purification REQUIRED
- Extensive experience in AAV production using HEK293 cells and/or baculovirus system
- Extensive hands-on experience with molecular biology, cell culture, transfection, infection, and cell-based assays
- Proficient in Western, ELISA, flow, PCR and ddPCR techniques
- Experience cloning DNA constructs in bacterial systems
If you meet the requirements above and would like to learn more about this position, apply on-line now for immediate consideration and to be contacted with further details.